Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) won the state’s governor race, according to projections.
Shapiro defeated Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, who was backed by former President Donald Trump.
Mastriano beat out former Rep. Lou Barletta (R-PA) for the Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial primary, and many Republicans across the state have voiced concerns about Mastriano’s record and electability.
Breitbart News’s John Binder laid out some of the issues regarding Mastriano’s candidacy:
- Mastriano was Shapiro’s preferred candidate.
- Many Pennsylvania swing voters said they would vote for Shapiro over Mastriano.
- Mastriano fractures the unity in the state Republican Party.
- Mastriano called for repealing medical privacy laws during the 2020 coronavirus lockdowns.
- Mastriano may have committed campaign finance violations.